- We use only hops supplied by a registered grower subject to independent monitoring. They are produced with the optimum use of fertilizer and lowest possible use of pesticide.
- The hops come exclusively from the Hallertau region, about 50 kilometers from the brewery.
- Our malt comes exclusively from registered malthouses.
- Only pure-grade wheat and barley are processed.
- New types of barley and wheat are developed in collaboration with the malthouses, growers and seed producers and tested for their brewing suitability.
- Controls are implemented from the field (field inspection) to the point of delivery of the malt (incoming inspection).
- The top-fermenting yeast used by Erdinger Weissbräu is unique the world over and is grown and stored in our own traditional pure-culture environment.
- The yeast is largely responsible for the typical taste of Erdinger Weissbier varieties.
- The water used for brewing and cleaning comes exclusively from two of our own deep springs, which are approximately 160 m deep.
- The water is of excellent drinking-water quality.
- Ongoing testing of the water is undertaken by internal and external institutions.